Any enthusiast running boost, nitrous or high RPMs is aware of the trade-offs associated with inductive coils versus converting to a capacitive-type discharge ignition system (CDI). The typical argument is that inductive coils deliver a long spark duration with simplicity, but not enough energy to light off the combustion chamber of a modified high-performance vehicle. In contrast, CDIs deliver intense energy but with practically no spark duration, making the proper mixture in the combustion chamber critical for best performance. This tradeoff ends withÂ AEMâ€™s High-Output â€œDumbâ€ Inductive Coils, the first inductive coils that deliver CDI-like spark energy and voltage, and the long spark duration necessary for vehicles running forced induction and nitrous.
AEMâ€™s High Output â€œDumbâ€ Inductive Coil is designed to be used with an external igniter.
AEMâ€™s High-Output â€œDumbâ€ Inductive Coils each deliver up to 118mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 41,000 Voltsâ€”as much as most CDI systems, without the need for a CDI module! They also provide very long spark duration at full energy, unlike CDI systems and multiple spark systems which fire off small spark events prior to and after its CDI burst to mimic longer spark duration. The full energy delivery and long duration of AEMâ€™s High-Output Inductive Coils eliminate the need to compromise energy or duration with your ignition system, and will increase performance in high-boost or high compression engines.
AEMâ€™s High-Output â€œDumbâ€ Inductive Coils deliver CDI-like spark energy with the long duration of an inductive coil, and easily install in place of your exiting coils without the need to add a CDI. AEMâ€™s coils are constructed to operate in harsh environments. They are shock and weatherproof, allowing them to be mounted virtually anywhere. They are affordableâ€”less than the cost of aftermarket LS1 coilsâ€”and deliver World Class performance. â€œThese coils are on 2,000-horsepower nitrous motors without a CDI, and they perform flawlessly. We think they are in a class by themselvesâ€, stated John Romero, AEM Director of Product Development.
- CDI-like spark energy without the need for a CDI
- Less expensive than aftermarket LS1 coils
- Robust construction allows them to be mounted almost anywhere
- Available for vehicles with external igniters
- Massive Spark Energy, up to 118 mJ!
- Incredibly long spark duration, up to 3.2mS!
- Up to 41kV Output Voltage, without a CDI!
- Heavy-duty, weatherproof and shockproof design
- Can be installed directly to engine
- Primary Resistance: 0.5 Î© +/- 10%
- Primary Inductance: 4.8 mH +/- 15%
- Secondary Resistance: 8.5 kÎ© +/- 20%
- Secondary Inductance: 22.5 H +/- 20%
- Output (50pF load): 41 kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: 118 mJ +/- 7%
- Peak Secondary Current: 100 mA +/- 7%
- Arc Duration: 3.2 mS +/- 10%
- Turns Ratio 71:1
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 17 Volts
- Base Dwell: 3.0 mS
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9 mS but donâ€™t exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 80% duty cycle, 5 seconds maximum
- Mating Connector: Packard/Delphi 12162182 â€œPull to Seatâ€
- Mating Contacts: Packard/Delphi 12124075 â€œPull to Seatâ€
- High Tension Wire Terminal: HEI â€œspark plug topâ€ Style
1x High Output Coil
1x Mating Connector & 4x Contacts
Ask an expert
Not sure if the product will suit your car? Fill in the form and one of our team members will get back to you shortly.
IN A HURRY? CALL US ON (07) 2111 7466
If you find a cheaper price on this item elsewhere we will try match the price or even beat it if possible!
Note: price must be in AUD. Conditions apply